Established leader with 15+ years of experience in UX and Product. Passionate about user-centered problem solving and building highly collaborative teams to drive impact. Dedicated to team growth, both through direct mentorship and building company culture.
Head of User Experience, Scoop Technologies Inc (2019 - 2020)
- Led UX org, made up of Product Design, Research & Insights, and Content Stratgy
- Redefined the company’s design process based on user-centered principles and helped refine the Product org’s broader product development process
- Implemented project management practices within UX to provide a more predictable and impactful roadmap and clear prioritization in the day-to-day
Head of Design, Primer Inc (2016 - 2017)
- Responsible for all product design and research efforts as individual contributor, manager, and director
- Co-led research and validation of a major product pivot
- Assumed leadership and management of new product efforts as a result of the pivot
- Drove process and communication improvements throughout the org
Director of User Experience, BitTorrent Inc (2013 - 2015)
- Directed and managed all product design and research efforts
- Refocused company-wide product development processes to be user-centered and design-driven
- Spearheaded the development of the company’s first product design strategies and their adoption
- Built a team of 20+
Design is expertly solving problems (for humans)
If you're not able to empathize with the humans involved in the problem, you can't truly understand the problem and you have no hope of solving it.
Design is both tactical and strategic
Design's role in the "day-to-day" tactics of building a product are obvious but it's equally if not more important to use design in strategic planning for your product and organization. A well-designed strategy tells a more human-centered story of what you hope to achieve and provides guidance for all the tactical work to get you there.
Design is an iterative tool
Understanding your solution will never be perfect helps you continue to improve it but also allows you to set it aside if strategy suggests a different problem's solution would be more impactful.
Exceptional product design is the result of an entire organization’s support and collaboration
Effective designers don't work on an island or behind closed doors. They inspire and draw inspiration from their colleagues in other functions up and down the organization.
“The Team, The Team, The Team”
Putting the output of the team above all else creates an environment where every teammate is more supportive, more supported, and their individual work is that much better.
Iterative Product Development Process
A cyclical approach to designing and building product solutions regardless of scale.
Embedded Design - Location
Design staff is fully integrated into each product team, sitting with Product and Engineering teammates, to encourage collaboration and prioritize team spirit and efficiency.
Embedded Design - Process
Designers work from the same backlog as the rest of the product team, ensuring their work is visible and impact is obvious.
Regular interaction with users to remain empathetic and deepen our understanding of their short and long-term problems.
Define a plan to satisfy both user and business objectives to provide a foundational understanding of what we’ll be building and why.